Skip to main content

First Snow



The first big snow came last week! We got a couple snowfalls already, but the ground wasn't cold enough to for it to stick. The difference between reactions to it here and in NC/SC are so interesting to me, people here are pretty much unfazed by it and continue on with business as usual. I'm just thankful I managed not to fall on ice. There's more in the forecast for tomorrow, and next week... I'm excited! I can't believe how close the end of the semester is, so I'm trying to make a list of everything I want to do and see in my remaining time here. Enjoy these snow pictures, definitely more to come.

The clouds and fog in the right side of the background are where the skyline should be.


 .         






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Odds and Ends

Here's a mix of photos and what I've been up to for the past few weeks. We're in full on fall mode up here, cold weather and all! This is the view of the Mississippi River and downtown Minneapolis from the Weissman Art Museum on campus. I have one class across this bridge on West Bank, so it's a really nice walk to class twice a week. (except the wind gusts on the bridge are no joke!) Even the ivy is changing colors! My roommates and I went to watch a volleyball win at the Maturi Pavillion. The team is ranked #6 in the nation right now so the arena was packed! The annual Twin Cities Tap Festival was 2 weeks ago, and Minnesotap got to perform, attend performances, and take fun classes with awesome instructor! Student Showcase performance at the Cowles Center in downtown Twin Cities Tap Festival Day 3: Master Class with Elizabeth Burke (who's from NC like me!)

Afternoon at the Zoo

The Como Zoo and Conservatory in St. Paul had been on my Twin Cities bucket list since I got here, and this past Sunday I finally went! Seeing all of the exotic trees, fruits, and other plants was my favorite.        I also saw Frozen 2 at the St. Anthony Main Theater last weekend, and I loved it, not even going to lie. Also they had $7 student tickets...so 10/10 would recommend.